BASIS Charter Schools are open-enrollment, tuition-free public charter schools, serving students in grades K–12 on 31 campuses in our nationwide network. All students* are welcome, with no admission testing required, and intelligent, passionate, supportive teachers disseminating the acclaimed BASIS Charter School Curriculum. Our students quickly learn to love learning, which catalyzes hard work and high levels of achievement.
The Open Enrollment period allows all interested students and families an equal opportunity for available seats at the BASIS Charter School campus or campuses of their choice.
*as permitted within local district regulations
Open Enrollment dates for the 2021-22 school year:
Arizona: Thursday, November 5–Tuesday, December 15, 2020
Louisiana & Texas: Thursday, October 29–Tuesday, December 15, 2020
Grades 9–12: Monday, December 14, 2020–Monday, February 1, 2021
Grades 5–8: Monday, December 14, 2020–Monday, March 1, 2021
How do I learn more about BASIS Charter Schools before I apply?
To learn more about how our world-class curriculum and expert teachers have been driving high performance and student achievement for 22 years, don’t forget to RSVP for an upcoming Open House. Select your state below for available Open House dates!
How do I apply?
- For the best chance of placement in one of our high-achieving schools in Arizona, Louisiana, or Texas, apply during the Open Enrollment period by visiting enrollBASIS.com.
- You may apply to more than one BASIS Charter School, but you must submit separate applications for each student, for each of your preferred schools.
- Applications do not need to be signed to be included in the lottery, or to be considered for acceptance.
- Only applications completed during the Open Enrollment period are included in the lottery.
- Students wishing to attend our BASIS DC campus should apply during Washington, DC’s Lottery Application Window via the My School DC common application, accessible at enrollBASIS.com, or directly at myschooldc.org. BASIS DC enrollment offers will be extended on Friday, April 2, 2021.
What is a charter school enrollment lottery?
- At each grade level, if the applications received during Open Enrollment outnumber the available seats, placement is determined by a lottery, and those not initially placed are added to a waitlist. (Please see below for more information about the waitlist.)
- Enrollment offers for entry grades will be extended in our Louisiana and Texas schools on Tuesday, January 12, 2021, and in our Arizona schools on Thursday, January 14, 2021. The entry grade is the lowest grade level offered at each campus, and varies depending on the school.
- Enrollment offers for non-entry grades will be extended later in the spring, after currently enrolled students complete the re-enrollment process. Students applying for non-entry grades must still apply during the Open Enrollment period to be included in the lottery.
Applicants who are offered enrollment at a BASIS Charter School will be provided with instructions for accepting the offer, and for printing and submitting the completed registration material.
What is a waitlist?
- Applicants selected in the lottery are offered a seat at the BASIS Charter School to which they applied, and may choose to either accept it, or decline it.
- Applicants who are not selected in the lottery will be placed on a waitlist.
- Any applications submitted after the Open Enrollment period closes are added to the waitlist, in the order in which they are received, and processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Siblings of students who have accepted a seat and completed the enrollment process are given priority on the waitlist.
For more detailed information about lottery priorities and waitlists, please consult the 2021–22 Enrollment Policies according to state or region:
Being placed on the waitlist is not the end of your student’s pursuit of a seat at a BASIS Charter School campus. It is possible to move on the waitlist throughout the spring and summer, and even up to the first weeks of school. Please note, a waitlist position may fluctuate—either up or down. When the number increases, it is usually due to sibling priority placement. BASIS Charter School waitlists do not roll over from year to year.
For the best chance of attending the BASIS Charter School of your student’s choice for the 2021–22 school year, be sure to apply during the Open Enrollment period at enrollBASIS.com. Good luck!
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088. *As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BASIS Texas Charter Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public Charter School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.